Tuesday, March 18, 2008

i built my life around you...


Waiting for her 'friend Dad' to come home...

Showing off some birthday presents...

Today my sweet girl turned 3. I have wracked my brain trying to figure out where the last 3 years went, and didn't I JUST bring her home from the hospital?? Erin Grace made us parents. She showed us what 'love at first sight' felt like. Her presence in our lives has given us yet another reason to give God thanks... and cry out for His wisdom and grace. Watching her discover her world and listening to her articulate her thoughts on that world is like being given a second childhood. I can't imagine life without her, and I barely remember life before. We love you, Erin!

6 comments:

Granny said...

Please give Erin a big GrannyHug and tell her I love her and can't wait to see her...what a treasure she is.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ERIN!!

Papa said...

Erin, Papa tried to call you this afternoon but there was no answer on the phone. I think you were at Bible Study. I'll call you tomorrow and sing to you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY THREE YEAR OLD! I can't wait to see you and your brother, Judah. Oh, and your parents too.

Kristen said...

So glad for Carrie's best friend...she spices up our life in so many ways! Chi-chi and Uncle Dave lub you ;-)

cindy said...

aaawww happy birthday erin! :) ur favorite aunt cindy love you sooooo much! :) and i was looking at all her gifts and i was like, oh, i see princess stuff...books...pink...and a little baby doll. oh no wait. thats judah! :) ha aha ha haa

Trish said...

ok, so the "her friend Dad" is THE cutest thing I've heard in a long time.

Dee Dee said...

Annie,
Thank you for your kind thoughts (on your mom's blog) and for your prayers.
Your children are beautiful! We love to come here and see how they are growing.