Saturday, September 03, 2005

How do you like them apples?

Here's some advice from an experienced 5.5 month old: if the pediatrician tells your momma that you might be a little late at sitting up because you are - hmm, how to put this - slightly *large* for your age, make him eat his words. At my last well-baby check up, I weighed in at a healthy 17 lbs 4 ozs and measured 28.5 inches long... And while I was early at rolling from back to front AND front to back (both completed by 3 months old), Dr. H was telling mom not to hold her breath for the next milestone because of my size. Well today, I sat up for 2 (two) minutes straight and wasn't even propping myself up with my hands!! If there's anything "top-heavy" about me now, its only my swollen ego. Too bad I don't have any friends to impress, I guess this blog will have to slate my prideful thirst for now....

4 comments:

Papa said...

I KNEW IT! I knew that even though I was disappointed by all of my childrens, in the sitting up arena that is, that at least one of my grandchildren would come through. And she did it through adversity. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT ERIN.

Nic Ridley said...

Way to go Erin - now you can keep drinking frosties without them inhibiting you in any way!

Anonymous said...

yeah that's what i told my mom. good thing she's so open-minded!

Anonymous said...

congrats, erin! my doctor used to say the same thing to me, too......okay, maybe not......but still......