Thursday, March 22, 2007

pencil marks on a wall, i wasn't always this tall...

Sunday was Erin's 2ND birthday! It seems like yesterday we were bringing her home, and yet I also can hardly remember what life was like before she arrived. She is so special to us! I took her to the Doc for her 2 yr check up - she is 38 inches tall and weighs 30.2 lbs. The pediatrician asked if she has a vocabulary of at least 20 words... ha ha!! I told him that Erin never stops talking at home and would be surprised if it was less than 100 words. She has also memorized several of her favorite books and consequently can "read" to herself when I'm busy with other things. This helps me out a lot because when I read to her, she likes to have the same book read 3 or 4 times before moving on to the next, leaving me little time to finish laundry and dishes before the next meal. How did my mother do it????
Today (if the weather holds out) we'll be off to the zoo with Vanessa and crew. Erin enjoyed the zoo last spring, and it should be even more exciting now that she can talk about it. Her favorite animals are elephants, monkeys, and lions. Hopefully at least one of those will be out and about today :-)
I am so relieved that spring is here. All my life I thought I was a winter person, but I'm starting to realize that I was just a summer person who needed winter in order to fully appreciate summer. I don't like the sedentary feel of winter, especially with a daughter who loves to be outside on the swing as much as possible. She's already been asking when she can go to the pool! I wasn't even sure she'd remember the pool, but I guess she's a summer gal too...

5 comments:

The Fox Den said...

She's too cute and smart! Soon you will not be able to say certain things around her or they may be repeated and cause an unfortunate situation ;)

T2Irish said...

Happy Birthday Erin! I can hardly believe it was two years ago that I got to hang out with your parents and granny while we waited for you to arrive. Keep being happy!

dirksgirl said...

wow. that is, as Abby would say, a "big gowil". I need to sneak Erin in to Sam's next appt. His Pulmonologist wants him to be 30lbs by April...not happening...still hanging in at 27.6. And he's not quite 37inches. She is such a cutie and tell her Auntie is sorry she didnt talk to her on her birthday.

Anonymous said...

for all interested, the Erin fan club will be having its weekly meeting on tuesday

Granny said...

Erin is going to LOVE our summer trip, huh? Can't wait to see her and hear all her new words :-)