Friday, October 19, 2007

i woke up from a strange rain and it was dreaming outside.

~ I went in to Erin's room the other morning and she said (in a calm voice) "Mom, there are monsters in this bed - get me OUT of here." She has taken to theatrics and seems to know how to maximize the affect.

~ When Erin wants something that Caleb or I am eating, she sits really close and says "Mom/Dad, I love you so much!" This is occasionally accompanied by patting or holding our hand.

~ She won't often acknowledge that she's gonna have a brother (I guess impending doom is not something she likes to dwell on) and will only talk about him in her prayers. I've been trying to get her to call him by name (Judah) but she'll have none of it. She still thinks his name is "Sister", probably from the pre-ultrasound days when we'd say "Do you want a brother or a sister?"

~ I am still behind on getting ready for Judah, with stacks of hand-me-down clothes still unsorted and unwashed. The guest room (that is being transformed into the new nursery) looks like one big closet and every time the door is opened I am instantly exhausted just thinking about the organization that needs to happen. I need Dok, Mom or Aubrey here to boss me around!

~ Caleb is still my hero, helping with dishes, meals, laundry, and taking Erin off my hands in the evenings so I can put my feet up and rest. He is graciously accompanying me to birthing classes (something we both opted out of last pregnancy), and has even offered to do the grocery shopping this weekend while I go with a friend to get a pregnancy massage. He's the best!

~ College football has been welcome respite from the mindless blather that seems to plague television these days... Is no one turning out creative programming these days? Come February I'd be ready to give away my TV if it weren't for the Food Network and The Simpsons (don't gag, Mom).

~ I am already behind on Christmas shopping, since I had pledged to have it all wrapped up by November. How many days do I have? AHHH!! Shouldn't I be able to opt out of Christmas this year???

2 comments:

Papa said...

haven't finished shopping yet? i can't remember that far back to when I finished mine. oh wait...that was for last year. never mind

Kristen said...

Erin is smart enough to know that Mom just needs to be schmoozed a lot, and then she'll get what she wants.