Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Don't you put me on the back burner...



After more than seven months in our townhouse, we're finally replacing the "unique" cabinets, countertops, and sink that are probably original to the place. Not only are they ugly, but falling apart as well. One of the drawer faces fell off within one week of us moving in. To save money, we are disassembling the old cabinets ourselves which means dividing up the work. Caleb got to wield the manly saw and hack through the countertops, and I was left sweeping up sawdust. Not that I mind - hey, I'm getting a new kitchen. And my sweet husband already replaced my stove and dishwasher. What more could a girl want?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y E A !!

Getting a new kitchen is just about the best thing ever. . .can't wait for you to post the "after" pictures!!

Kristen said...

New kitchens are fun!

Anne said...

but they don't save you money on... anything.

Nic Ridley said...

Hooray! New cabinets! I only wish my kitchen could be finished now.

dirksgirl said...

Hey, can you sneak (from Caleb) an extra dishwasher in your order? Then, it could accidentally be sent to say, um, San Antonio. Ours has never been the same (which wasn't great anyway) since Sam and I fell on it a couple of months ago. Cant wait to see pix of the new cabinets!

Anonymous said...

And you don't even have to wait until the new ones are in to take more pictures--it would do me a lot of good to see shots of the demolition of the old ones!!