Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The rings of saturn.



This is my Saturn. She has been faithful to me for three years, and now we're getting her ready to sell. As I was taking pictures of her yesterday to post on the web, I was reminded again of how the Lord provided so much through my father when I was single. Dad went with me car shopping, test drove it for me because I didn't know a manual transmission yet, gave me the confidence to get a loan on my own (why in the world someone wanted to loan ME money at that time still baffles me), and sat with me while I signed all the papers and whatnot. What should've been a daunting and stressful experience was made so much easier - Dad never made me feel like I was on my own because I was an "adult". And I know that if I had been single at 35, he would still be doing the same for me. Its just a silly car, I know, but the significance is worth way more than anything we'll get for the car on autotrader.... Now Caleb is taking care of me (and my transportation needs), and now HE is my reminder of God's providence. How blessed I am to have men in my life who take their responsibilities seriously.

5 comments:

Granny said...

wow. . .tears. . .not for the car but for what the whole experience meant to you. . .

Kristen said...

Good cars are nice. Good men are even better.

Papa said...

Thank you dear. All I can say is that's what fathers do.

Kristen said...

Wierd poisonous caterpillars ruin my day. Every time.

Lyric said...

Well, John, I think you do more than just what father's do...you try to emulate the Father in word and deed, in the details and the dreams...always. It's not about perfection but in my world you're in a class all by yourself.